Monday, March 9, 2009

Home Improvement

This weekend was spent upgrading the trailer. There were two main projects: making my bed big enough to sleep in while fully extended and preparing the trailer for the heat of summer which, here in Texas, arrives about mid-March. The first endeavor was a great success! Clement helped me construct a pine box to semi-extend the reoriented bed, on his birthday no less, at about 9 pm no less, when I decided I had to go to Lowe's to get raw materials and address the problem. Clement, being from France, had never been to Lowe's, so I figured it was practically my duty as an American to take him there on a Saturday night to get supplies for a rash, DIY project-- it is our heritage afterall! A few hours later (I won't say how many), my new bed (AND shoe storage area) was complete!
Happy birthday to me!

The second project was not a complete success, as of yet. I need to order another space blanket to fully prepare the trailer (for summer, not for space travel-- although I like the idea). More on that next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment