Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Austin, TX is Heaven on Earth

Among several memorable events that occurred last week that might be fun to share (including photos AND audio of John Logsdon's very entertaining karaoke rendition of Suffragette City [click here for his blog]) was my first real visit to Austin, TX. I had driven through once before, but this time got to go down, hang out, and soak it all in for a couple of days. It is just as fantastic as you have heard-- a total paradise for a music lover like myself, to the point that it is probably a good thing I don't live there or I would likely get fired from my job. Glancing through the Weekly Scene equivalent, there are probably ~300 shows per week-- several of which are bands I know and love, and many others by bands I might grow to love if I had the chance to hear them play. Those of you who know how much I love optimizing, and how much I love live music, might be able to predict how much the idea of SxSW hurt my brain, but I am definitely looking forward to occasional trips for special shows. Just another reason to come visit....

No comments:

Post a Comment