Friday, January 30, 2009

More important than a new home, a new department

Most of you know that for a long time, my department (there've been two) has served a kind of a second home for me. If this weren't so, it probably would be a bigger deal that I live in a 10x8 foot curvy box. Here at school, I have a fantastic office (2x the size of my house), with a futon (just in case), my banjo (see future post), and all the other accoutrements of a second home. Today I am giving a talk in my new department (much more intimidating than the defense, where you know it is the last-- this is the first!)
So, today's picture, straight from the hands of my new labmate Komal, another one of the many multi-talented people I have met since my arrival. I hope, in addition to learning lots, some of this artistic ability rubs off on me in the next 2 years. Isn't she amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment