Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dreamjob: Biologist by Day, Rockstar by Night

Last night I went to my first show in Dallas! Ahhh, the thirst-quenching effects of seeing live music aren't to be mis-underestimated.... The band: Jude the Innocent. Comprised in part by two guys from here in the biology department, Jeff and Jesse, and a civilian named Mike on the drums who you can't see here. They were the first of 4 bands playing at a venue in Deep Ellum, a neighborhood that seems to serve as the live music epicenter for the metroplex region, and they were by far the best. So good I had to wonder why they don't give up the biologist halves of their double lives and dedicate themselves fully to rocking. That's definitely what I would do if I could play roughly 2 and half times better than my current level, which would still put me far below these guys... but after two years of wood-shedding/post-docing, maybe I, too, can get my dreamjob.

No comments:

Post a Comment