Friday, January 23, 2009

My Hood

So, lots of friends have written me to ask-- where do you park the trailer? I actually rent a patio from a woman who lives in CA, but owns a couple of rental properties right near the university. There are two guys that live in what I call "the big house" and I pay rent for the patio, storage space in the garage, the ability to plug in to an electrical outlet, and, most importantly, bathroom access. No, the schaackmobile does not have a toilet or shower inside. It came with a porta-potty, but until I get more comfortable with the idea of peeing in my living room, I will make use of the facilities in the big house whenever needed. Part of the agreement with the landlord is that I will take "minimal" showers, so I mainly shower at the gym (good motivation to work out). The other thing that people have asked me about the trailer is-- is it safe? I think so! I've got a lock on the hitch so no one can drive me away, I bought a little can of pepper spray that I am not afraid to use, and last but not least, as long as everybody abides by this sign posted at the apartment complex nearby, there should be no problems whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment