Monday, December 28, 2009

Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?

Today is my mom's 64th birthday everyone! In honor of it, I have posted the Beatles' delightful ode to this wonderful age-- smack dab in the middle of one's sexagenarian prime (that doesn't mean what you think it means Mom...) I hope the next year is full of good surprises for you and that you continue to nurture your talents, push yourself, and share your love and good cheer with all of us so freely and warmly. Me, Gen, Jerm, your family, and the town of Cottage Grove are lucky to have you! Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Pictured here on what is hopefully the first of many more excursions into the Cascade Mountains with her eldest daughter.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,
    Happy Birthday!!!
    Daughter Mio
    Daughter Mine
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    It's your day to shine
    Like a star from heaven
    You came to earth
    Your mind is quick
    You're full of mirth
    Adventures, Jesse
    School and song
    Your days are full
    Your nights are long!
    Full of and hope
    With all you do
    This is what I say to you
    Have a joyous year
    Happy Birthday!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah--Hi! I found your blog on a link from Joanna's. Glad to hear all is well! If you ever find yourself passing through Oklahoma, let me know--I'd love to meet you for lunch or something. Happy New Year! Ginger Elliott-Teague

    ReplyDelete