Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And they say we don't have seasons!

I have to admit, it was pretty awesome to tour the midwest (more on that in a forthcoming post) and come back this week to sunny and clear, 70 degree Dallas-Ft. Worth. The only thing that could be better than that happened today-- I woke up to SNOW! Those of you who know me well, know I love this form of precipitation above all others and that my soul would have most certainly been incomplete if I had gone entire winter without a glimpse of the heaven-sent, geometrically-miraculous, tiny emblems of all that is wonderful about winter, hibernation, and the cold. I am in the office now, but I can't wait to head back outside! Or at least look out a window. I can barely contain my delight. Okay, more real blogging soon.

Oh yes-- and a P.S.
Fans who saw DWO on tour know our third single, "Lovers Lane Station/CVS Shoplifter" is a song I wrote based on an ad I saw in the 'missed connections' section of Craigslist (I'll post the song over at the DWO website soon!) Well, it turns there is BLOG dedicated to these optimistic little messages to the universe, and the art that accompanies them is awesome, so I thought I would share. Check it out if you don't have any snow to delight you, it is GREAT....

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it may be a while before you'll be busting out the x-country skis, but I sure am glad you got a little dose of winter. It's been pretty chilly here, but not too much snow at city level. Sorry for being negligent by phone. One of these days...

    Gillichi

    ReplyDelete