Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My first visitor, kind of

I hosted my first visitor here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area on Monday! It was, of course, Geraint Parry-- Bloomington's premier cycling announcer and blogger, plant hormone signalling expert, inventor of the little-known but now well-loved art of "screaming karaoke", and my intrepid friend. GP has proven his adventurousness before by visiting me in places most people say they'll come visit me, but never do (e.g., Tanzania). In this particular case, the term "visit" might be kind of an overstatement, since he actually just had a layover at the airport and I drove there to meet him for lunch, but I think it counts. I encourage any other dear friends and family to give me a call if they, too, plan to be at DFW for more than an hour between flights so we can visit. I also promise not to jeopradize any future attempts at making connecting flights (he made it-- a bit sweaty-- but he made it!)

A photo to share: Me and GP, mid-duet, in my living room (New Year's Eve 2006/7, right after getting back from TZ).

No comments:

Post a Comment