Monday, May 24, 2010

More blog spawn

I feel like I mentioned this already, but rather than read my own blog and find out (sounds even more self-centered than writing my own blog), I will risk repeating myself.... my blog has produced another spawn! Is there no end? This one is also music-related, but much to everyone's delight, not music that I am involved in making (I can almost hear the collective sigh of relief over the interweb). Coach Moore and I have teamed up to bring you a weekly dose of new music over at Pancho and Lefty's New Music Monday site.
For a while, we have had a weekly phone appointment on Mondays to exchange tips about new bands that we come across-- kind of like insider trading for people who like music. We definitely ripped the name off from a brilliant feature on an average radio station back in Indiana (92.3, WTTS), but if imitation is the greatest form of flattery, then they should be thanking us if they ever find out. The blog was born when Chris came to visit and we realized that we should share these tips with the world (and that we would forget the name of last week's band if we didn't write it down somewhere). I am pretty sure only one person other than Chris (Lefty) and I (Pancho) have read it, and it is fine if that is the way things stay, but if you are interested in something new to listen to, I encourage you to check it out. We put a link where you can stream the band of interest, a short description of the music, and a picture. There is a lot of really good stuff up there already (and we are pretty quick to point out when it isn't that great too), and there should be lots more to come.... hope you enjoy!
Pictured (from left to right): portraits of Pancho and Lefty in pumpkin with candle

No comments:

Post a Comment