Friday, May 28, 2010

For all you marionette-lovers out there

For fellow lovers of Being John Malkovich, Team America, and other such inventive endeavors that involve marionettes (not just puppets, but the ones with strings attached and their oh-so-subtle movements)-- I have a treat for you. Josh Ritter, a singer song writer that I have liked for a long time and have probably blogged about before, just released a new album and one of the songs is about a mummy who awakes in his sarcophagus only to fall in love with the archaeologist who found him. It is a lovely song, and the video is way more fun than most videos these days. If you want to check it out, they are streaming it at npr.org. Josh is also on tour in the US in June (and coming to Dallas, so there will be a concert review forthcoming!) If you haven't seen him, he puts on a fantastic show and you should. Here I am with he and my friend Katy at the last show I saw him play, some time in 2008. Very warm to all us fans after the show, in addition to a great performance.

1 comment:

  1. Strong work, loved the use of the trumpet, good inspiration for videos I soon plan to make for WAQ.

    ReplyDelete