Monday, January 18, 2010

Impaired by Your Convictions

I'm happy to announce that my friends Jeff Streicher and Jesse Meik of Jude the Innocent fame (and the proprietors of Lab of Luxury Records, the recording studio that generously helped get the DWO EP off the ground) have released their long-awaited album-- Impaired by Your Convictions. Their songs blend elements of all the main subcategories of rock: acoustic, progressive, classic, folk, indie, and, of course, glam. I love the album and encourage music lovers interested in a sonically winding, unorthodox-but-classic listening experience to get a copy and see what they've cooked up (it's available on cdbaby, itunes, amazon, or you can get one directly from them through me if you want an actual CD to hold in your hands). Their sound is hard to pigeonhole, but if you took the rawness of the Violent Femmes and crossed it with the panache of The Clash, back-crossed that to the uniqueness of Okkervil River, and then inbred it by marrying it to its 2nd cousin, (insert your favorite band name here), you might have something that sounded like Jude the Innocent. Check them out! My favorite song is Suffer the Ride, if you want to hear, click below.

1 comment:

  1. I think you might be a tad biased... Do you think? That's O.K. too. One of the things I love most about you is your staunch loyalty.I feel very lucky to be among that group that you care for. Love and Hugs Mom

    ReplyDelete