Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Change of Time

Today's post title comes from another great Josh Ritter song (you can listen to it here, and actually download it for free, if you would like) and my recent mood... The weather has turned here in Portland and the trees are starting to follow suit. It feels like fall for me for the first time in a couple of years and I love it. The cool weather means I need to bundle up more for my beautiful commute (pictured below-- the first turn into the cemetery with a great view of Mt. Hood in the distance, looking back at the trees and graves as I wind my way down to the river bank, and looking north towards downtown while crossing the Sellwood Bridge over the mighty Willamette to get to the east side....) Almira, my mighty steed, is serving me very well for my daily trek up the hill and for getting around town in general. I pretty much only use my car for far, late night trips or going out of town. Next year's goal, long overdue, is to try and produce only one bag full of garbage. Don't worry future SHoF members! It won't be kept inside. I think if I am just a little bit less lazy, I can recycle and compost my way to this goal. Speaking of the SHoF and next year-- I will be in Indiana for about one month at the end of 2010 and then have another Texas trip in the very beginning of the new year. I will be back in Oregon between Christmas and New Year's and then in Portland for real in mid-January-- hope to host some new inductees then!

No comments:

Post a Comment