Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Totally Superfluous Blogpost

In today's issue in Nature, there was a funny (not really ha ha) piece on crop circles. You know, the uber-relevant to science issue of why people feel the need to make art in corn fields under the guise of alien messages. I have no idea how the author got them to publish this article (he is from Oregon, by the way), but I guess science news was kind of light and they just decided to go with some quirky, human interest story this week. Then again, it is one of two articles in this week's issue that I actually read, so I am not sure that I have much of a case against it being of interest to "scientists".... Anyway, the photo was great, and worth posting I thought. If you google image search the term crop circle, there are tons of others just as impressive, including this quilt-like photo montage, surely for the discerning dorm room interior decorator (below the jellyfish).

No comments:

Post a Comment