Monday, April 20, 2009

Mi casa, su casa

I had my first real visitor at 501 (and 1/4) Mashburn Lane this past weekend. Shane Lewinski, my friend Darron's long time friend who I became friends with (a long time ago now too) came to visit me, in Arlington. That's right-- ante up old timers, it's time to buy plane tickets. GP and Darron are coming in May, and I am afraid my trailer will literally cook visitors in June, July, and August-- so if you are thinking of visiting, consider September/October when things cool off a little again. By chance, my boss was having a baby this weekend (ok, not literally by chance, but via a process well known to all of you). So Shane only got to sleep in the trailer one night, because we were pet-sitting in a normal size house the other two nights. After the initial shock wore off ("wow, it looks so much bigger in the pictures"), I think he loved it. Four stars, right Shane? Despite the luxury night-time accomodations provided by my bosses, we did spend much of our hang out time in the trailer, which has great acoustics, playing guitar. At one point, there were two guitars, a banjo, a harmonica (and harmonica necklace), and two people in the trailer-- kind of like a clown car of musical instruments. We also barbequed and hung out on the patio schaack/gilbert-style with a bunch of folks from my department and went to a Rangers game at the new stadium (2-0, Rangers lost-- but a fun visit to the ballpark nonetheless). Last but not least, Shane lent his fingers and patience to me for some songwriting on Saturday-- which I now know is much harder than most songwriters admit. It is still a work-in-progress, but I couldn't ask for a more fun weekend. Thank you so much for coming to see me Shane! You are beacon of visitation light!

No comments:

Post a Comment